Health and Safety Protocol
In light of the global pandemic and The Ashe Hotel as a favourite destination for visitors from around the world, we have put together this health and safety protocol for the benefit of our guests and staff.
Our Covid-19 Protocol
As responsible hoteliers and in line with our company values, the health and safety of all those who visit and work at our hotel is our primary concern and priority. We have a designated team to coordinate our Covid-19 re-opening protocols and ongoing safety activities.
Unfortunately, at present we can’t promise that all our services will be available at time of stay as we are adhering to government and W.H.O. directives.
We are committed to taking action and have implemented the following measures:
- We are assessing, monitoring and implementing recommendations and best practice from the W.H.O. and H.S.E. and Irish Hotel Federation.
- We have provided sanitiser stations throughout the building.
- We have identified all common touch points and have implemented a thorough sanitisation of these points.
- Extra public area staff have been rostered to ensure regular sanitising of commonly touched surfaces.
- Our internal communications systems are ensuring an efficient flow of protocols and updates to our team.
- We have circulated H.S.E. guidelines on personal hygiene and travel arrangements to all.
- We have implemented full procedures for sanitising guest rooms including all touch points e.g. remote controls, handles, light switches.
- We are committed to providing the additional manpower required to implement best practice procedures.
- We are committed to playing our part in trying to prevent Covid-19 from escalating.
- We ask that our customers do the same and follow the HSE guidelines regarding personal hygiene and Covid-19.
Before You Arrive
You will receive information from us guiding you through a simple check-in process, helping to reduce contact time at our Reception Desk. Guest information will be provided prior to arrival to familiarise yourself with the hotel, facilities and recommended practices to ensure your stay will be comfortable and safe.
When You Arrive
- You will be offered use of sanitiser as you enter the hotel, signage will be placed in areas to direct you, all high touch point areas will have sanitiser available. Protective screens are installed at reception for peace of mind where your keys can be collected.
- We will assist you with the check-in progress, inform our guests on hotel information and pre-arrange dining times for both breakfast and evening meals if required.
- Our front office team and public areas’ cleaning teams will wear P.P.E. as required by government health guidelines.
- All keys are sanitised prior to use.
- Elevators will be limited to travel party only, enhanced elevator cleaning on a regular basis will be conducted by our in-house public areas’ cleaning team and sanitiser will be available outside each elevator floor.
- Express checkout is encouraged with contactless payment available. Guests can amend the method of payment and will receive an itemised bill via email.
- Hand Sanitiser is available in all main hotel areas and enhanced public area sanitising is in place.
- We have reduced the capacity limit throughout the hotel to ensure the safety of our guests and team.
During Your Stay
- A robust cleaning schedule and team has been created to increase the frequency of cleaning in both back and front of house areas.
- Colleagues will wear P.P.E. equipment in line with Government health and the W.H.O. guidelines.
- Hand sanitisers will be readily available throughout the main hotel and non-visible service areas of the hotel.
- We will have signage in place to encourage and remind people about regular hand cleaning and social distancing protocols.
- Contactless payment will be encouraged at all points.
- Furniture will be rearranged to allow for adequate social distancing.
- Air hand dryers will be deactivated until further notice and guests are requested to use paper towels and the pedal bin provided.
- Hotel guest numbers are controlled as are the number of guests having breakfast, lunch or dinner at any one time.
- Restaurant tables will be adequately spaced apart, screens are in place and the number of diners will be reduced in both restaurants, in line with safety protocols.
- All restaurant tables will be sanitised after each individual sitting.
- Menus will be sanitised after each use.
- Our chefs will limit the menus, until further notice, for quality assurance.
- All condiments are now provided in sealed jars and/or sachets.
- All food & beverages will be served to you directly by our friendly team. P.P.E. will be in use and contactless payments will be encouraged.
- We request that our guests use contactless payment only for food & beverage.
- In-room dining will be conducted with minimal contact or you can opt to have your order left outside your door. All food is covered throughout transit.
- All dining areas will be fully sanitised throughout the day including high touch points, tables fully sanitised after each. We encourage windows and doors to be open where possible to ensure a fresh supply of air within the building.
- Enhanced kitchen cleaning measures and social distancing in our kitchen.
- Food Safety/HACCP* – We will continue to observe the strictest good hygiene practice across all areas of food preparation for our restaurants and in-room dining. *Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point.
- External produce delivery and social distancing is managed to best practice to ensure guest & team safety.
- Deliveries are scheduled to allow sufficient time between deliveries to adhere to our safety protocols and also allow for safe distancing during delivery times.
In Your Room
- Government and W.H.O. guidelines for cleaning and sanitising guest rooms will be adhered to. Frequently touched areas will be thoroughly disinfected regularly during your stay. (ie: telephones, remote controls, handles, taps etc).
- Tea and coffee facilities will be made available with single use plastics within the room.
- Housekeeping service will be available once per day and the room must be vacated for this period. Alternatively you can communicate with our housekeeping team via reception should guests require their room to be serviced at a specified time or should additional items be required.
- Room attendants will wear the recommended P.P.E. in line with government guidelines.
- Bed linen will be handled with extreme care so as to avoid lifting dust. All linen is laundered at a minimum of 70C for at least 25 minutes.
- Housekeeping will open windows when servicing a room, ensuring adequate ventilation.
Additional Safety Measures Our Colleagues Are Taking
- Hand sanitiser will be used before entering the hotel premises, throughout the day and again when leaving.
- Supervisors will monitor the proper use of all P.P.E. and ensure that it is managed in accordance with government guidelines.
- Team shifts are staggered to ensure adequate social distancing during break times and will comply with the social distancing rules, as much as possible.
- Additional training has been provided to all team members and supervisors will continue to monitor strict compliance.
- All windows will be kept open where possible for good ventilation.
- Offices have been rearranged to apply to social distancing regulations.
- We have implemented working from home where reasonable, to allow for more adequate office space.
- High touch-points in offices are disinfected regularly.
This list is not exhaustive and will be updated subject to government guidelines and updates.
20th July 2020